Sunday, February 11, 2007

Gravity Weekend

Our daughter turned 13 this weekend. Happy Birthday!! What am amazing time for us. I still feel like a teenager, so I am really getting a kick out of having a teen daughter. On Friday afternoon we had our own element of drama. I could see it in her face, she was about to cry in the pick up line at her middle school. She was upset about a something that really hurt her feelings Friday afternoon. The timing was frustrating...cause she was in tears just a couple of hours before she had to get ready for her big weekend. You know the kind of tears...the kind that you can't get your face back together no matter how much concealer you use. I knew in my heart God was up to something with this timing...otherwise it would have really stunk! But you know what, she talked to her grandmother and she was promised that she would not get off her knees until she had peace that God was going to do something wonderful from that. Grandmother got her peace, God did his glorious work, peace and joy came! With our church the youth had our D-Now weekend. It was her first time to go and I knew she needed to connect with the Lord in a wonderful way. Can I just say that she has finally crashed on our bed. She has talked and talked about the experience until she fell asleep exhausted and full of peace. We have a lot of things to Thank God for! Thank You God for everything! That heartache turned out to be just the exact thing she needed. Wow...God, even from her own words she said she was glad it happend to her the way it did. This way she was willing to let God talk to her.

Earlier that day I had my own prayer needs that were taken to the Lord by women I have never had the joy of meeting. (THANK YOU) I didn't have to go into any kind of detail...to tell you the truth...I didn't know what my needs even were. I just knew if I asked someone to lift my name to the Lord...it would be done and did you all ever bless me! God knew exactly what my need were that day. He took care of me all that day. Still Is!

11 comments:

Ali said...

Well, Your cousin was one of those women who prayed for you because I saw it on the LPM blog. I thought what in the world could you need prayer for? I stopped right here at my computer. Something I never thought I would be able to do. Isn't God amazing? Cast all your cares on him because He cares for you. Anxieties? He's got them covered. Worries? Those too. Victories? Yep those. I love you and admire you. Thanks for blogging. I think I can ..... I think I can.... Hug and kiss all of them for me. What a joy to get to pray for you! And my sweet essey. ali aren't g-moms wonderful?

salty sister said...

Bursting into tears you sweet girl!!!

I just had such a heaviness. I hated the way I was feeling and I couldn't put my finger on what it was. Don't you hate that feeling?

Anyway...Bless you, thank you for praying and being so close to my heart.

Yes, those gmoms are the best...they are for our girls for sure!

R

Ali said...

Go on and come up with a name for me. Not Dork!!!! Ha Anyway, have a good day. Everybody well there? Ali

salty sister said...

What do you like...you may want to come up with something else spicy and just like you.

I'll be thinking. I'll ask Essey!
R

salty sister said...

Essey said Pepper Jack

I Like Cousin Salty Sista

Now then essey is looking in our spice cabinet....rorororolllling laughing (she's not going to find anything good...I don't cook!!!)

She came back and said "All Purpose Flour". She's fired!

Oh, Wait!!!

All Purpose Flower!!!!
Ali Purpose Flower!!!!!!!!!!!

Ali said...

I like all of them what would the verse be? All purpose flour? Garlic salt? Ha ha. Peppercorn? ha. Tell essey to help me out a little. Ask her who is on her ticket for 10 oclock. Lashonda Reed. Ha ha! Dork sounds good too. Mouth would be good too. Love you all ali

salty sister said...

I'm still thinking. I had such a busy weekend with Mom and Dad. We had a real good time together. Mae Mae didn't let Pops out of her sight.

How's Jim? Praying for you all.

Love, Robyn

Ali said...

Pop is good home for 2 days and then will go back Thursday to start chemo again. His spirits are up. Thanks for your prayers. Keep them coming. I posted on the LPM prayer requests and a comment to Amanda. It is fun. I think I did Ali. Help me. I adore you. Tell kiddos hi. Love ya a Todd too

Holly said...

Your goldfish story "cracked me up!" as Chonda Pierce says....thanks for the laugh today.
Blessings on ya,
Holly Smith

salty sister said...

Holly you're a sweetie! I love seeing you at the LPM blog! You're a regular I look for everyday!

:)

salty sister said...

Ali,
Did you go to the simulcast???

If you did I noticed your post the other day!

You're so wonderful. Hows Pop???? Give him my love.